Sunday, June 16, 2019

Another Chapter Closes


On June 15 the Real Estate Brokerage franchise that I had been happily working for as Associate Broker and Office Manager came to an end. My Broker had owned a Coldwell Banker Franchise since 2005 that was up for renewal. After owning and managing a business, staff and associates, she decided that renewing her franchise (which she was very successful in) wasn't a business decision to lock into for another decade. After careful consideration she decided it was time to close her franchise and revert back to being a salesperson for another brokerage.  So that meant all associates and staff needed to find their own new adventures. 

You know, I've been in Real Estate since 1994 and have only moved my license twice, I started with DeWolfe New England (who was bought up by Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage) and after 12 years I left and went over to Points Nor' East (who then became a Weichert franchise).  I enjoyed my 11 years with another fine group of people, but in 2017 Kathy Walsh made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I left Portsmouth and hung my hat in Stratham, NH until two days ago.  

  

Now I have new adventures in store.  I've converted my Broker license in Maine to Designated Broker and will be working independently in Maine (Debbie Mae Kershaw Real Estate).   In New Hampshire I have placed my license with my previous Broker (Points East Properties) until I pass my Broker exam in New Hampshire.  And, starting Monday (after a big 2 day vacation), I will begin a collaboration with a friend of mind who I've worked with since the 90's.  We have worked well together over the years and her business is growing and she's always been after me to work together.  So, I said yes.... Stay Tuned!

I'm excited about my new adventures and am sad to say good bye to my colleagues at CBWRE, but it's not like we won't see each other. We're in Real Estate - who knows, we'll see each other in a couple weeks at an Open House, Broker Preview or a Continuing Ed class and possibly at the closing table!

It's a small world, but Living, Working and Playing on the Seacoast of New England (and more geographically correct Maine and New Hampshire) is the BEST!

No comments: