Saturday, May 12, 2018

Baltimore Oriole in Maine

Today was my second encounter with the Baltimore Oriole. 

Ok, so I've never seen them before! But in the last two days I've seen two of them along with so many other birds flying in and out of my yard (along with four legged wildlife like chipmunks squirrels, deer and turkey).

Then today while I was holding an open house, one flew into the tree right outside the front door of my listing.  One of the tree's (perhaps the one he's in) is a peach tree but the trees are just beginning to pop so he was just passing by maybe hoping for a treat.  As fast as he flew in he was gone.

When I got home my neighbor told me that the Oriole is only around this area for a short time - and they love Oranges! Guess I'm going to go buy a bag of them and invite them back - of course I'm sure the squirrels and chipmunks will also love it.

It's just so nice now that spring is finally here and things are beginning to bloom, that with it comes all the birds.  It's also the best time for selling a home!

Of course my cell phone photo isn't all that great: This is better!  

Enjoy the day!

No comments: